Home Health Care
Home Health is often recommended for those returning home from a hospital or skilled nursing facility stay or those with chronic conditions. Community Nursing Services of North East’s certified home health division works directly with patients, families, and their physicians to provide in-home services, such as nursing, rehab therapies, aides and social workers.
Modern technology and medical advances make it possible to provide treatments in the home setting that previously were only provided in a hospital setting.
Why choose Home Health?
- Costs less than other forms of institutional care
- Morale is better, which may lead to faster recovery
- Recovery is in the comfort of your own home with support of family and friends
- Readmission to the hospital may be prevented with intervention provided by health care professionals
- Less need for emergency room visits
- Children have moved from the area and are not available to assist aging parents
- People are discharged from the hospital sooner and require additional care before returning to prior level of independence